Dr. Satya Reddy Atmakuri is Board Certified in Interventional Cardiology, Echocardiography, Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Atmakuri attended some of the top cardiovascular training programs in the country. He completed Fellowships in both Endovascular/Structural Interventions and Interventional Cardiology at Columbia University, as well as a Fellowship in Cardiology at Baylor College of Medicine. Dr. Atmakuri completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Emory University School of Medicine. He received a Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Arizona State University.
- 2006 – 2007:
-Sirolimus eluting stents in single versus multi-vessel PCI – Poster for AHA 2007, Orlando, FL.
-Retrospective analysis of drug eluting stents in PCI of chronic total occlusions.
- 2003 – 2006:
-Analysis of magnetic assisted navigation for PCI of complex coronary lesions.
-Developed a quantitative index for tortuosity of coronary arteries using the principles of curvature analysis.
-Developed a study for validation of data from Cardiop-B, a software that generates three dimensional models of coronary arteries from DICOM data.
-Generated pilot data for establishing equivalence of bolus dosing versus bolus and infusion of GP IIb/IIIa inhibitor tirofiban during percutaneous coronary intervention.
-Presented a poster at American Heart Association meeting in 2004 on using magnetic assisted navigation with a guidewire in tortuous coronary arteries during percutaneous coronary intervention.
- 2001: Vascular Biology – Developed RNA primers and using the real-time PCR techniques to confirm that lysl oxidase (LOX) is up-regulated in wild mice exposed to Angiotensin II. LOX is an extra-cellular enzyme that is traditionally known to cross-link collagen and elastin the extra-cellular matrix. However, recent research has shown that LOX plays several vitals roles in hypertension, atherosclerosis, cellular signaling and nuclear regulation. In addition, recent gene chip data showed that LOX was up-regulated several fold in mice that were exposed to Angiotensin II.
- 1999 Vascular Biology – Evaluated the role of oxidized LDL by immmunohistochemical techniques.
- Atmakuri SR, Lev IE, Ibarra E, Solomon LS, Raizner AE, Kleiman NS. Initial Experience with a Magnetic Navigation System for Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Complex Coronary Artery Lesions. J of Am Coll Cardiol Feb 2006; 47:515-521.
- Atmakuri SR, Kleiman NS. Stable Angina, Essential Cardiology, 2nd Edition.
- Atmakuri SR, Kleiman NS. Unstable Angina, Essential Cardiology, 2nd Edition.
- Krajcer, Z and Atmakuri, S.R. One-Step Treatment of DVT With the Trellis-8 Device. Endovascular Today, April 2006.