Joshua D. Cohen, M.D., FACC, FSCAI, RPVI
Specialties: Cardiology, Cardiovascular Disease, Interventional Cardiology, Peripheral Vascular
Dr. Joshua D. Cohen is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology and the Society of Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions. He has a total of eight board certifications. Dr. Cohen is Board Certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Nuclear Cardiology, Echocardiography, Vascular Medicine, Cardiac CTA, Endovascular Medicine, Interventional Cardiology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Cohen completed his General and Interventional Cardiology Fellowship, Residency and received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of California, San Francisco. He received his undergraduate degree with distinction from Stanford University.
Dr. Cohen is the medical director of Tri-City Cardiology’s nationally accredited vascular laboratory and is a registered physician in vascular interpretation (RPVI). He is Chairman of Cardiology at Banner Desert Medical Center and an expert in peripheral vascular and venous disease treatment. Dr. Cohen is also one of the few cardiologists in the East Valley with training and experience in carotid artery stenting for stroke prevention.
Education / Training
Medical School – University of California-San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Residency – University of California-San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Fellowship – University of California-San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
Recognition / Research / Publications
- Press Ganey ranks him in the top 20th percentile in the country among physicians whose patients rate their physicians as friendly and courteous.
- 1992: Jaski BE, Cohen JD, Trausch J, Marsh DG, Bail GR, Overlie PA, Skowronski EW, Smith SC. Outcome of urgent percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty in acute myocardial infarction: Comparison of single-vessel versus multivessel coronary artery disease. American Heart Journal, 124:1427-1433.
- 1996: Schwartz GG, Xu Y, Greyson C, Cohen J, Lu L. Low-dose inotropic stimulation during left ventricular ischaemia does not worsen post-ischaemic dysfunction. Cardiovascular Research, 32:1024-1037.
- 1997: Greyson C, Xu Y, Cohen J, Schwartz GG. Right ventricular dysfunction persists following brief right ventricular pressure overload. Cardiovascular Research, 34:281-288.
- 1998: Tan JL, Heidecker M, Cohen JD, Fowler MB, Spudich JA. Direct regulation of myosin by nitric oxide. Circulation, 98(17 supplement I):I-682.
- 2006: Nouri B, Mishell J, Cohen J, Chou T, McNulty E, Shunk K. Access site closure with a monofilament suture-mediated device in a high risk cohort is safe and efficacious. SCAI 2006 Annual Scientific Sessions.
- 2006: McNulty E, Cohen J, Chou T, Shunk K. A “grapple hook” technique using a deflectable tip catheter to facilitate complex proximal circumflex interventions. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2006 Jan;67(1):46-8.
Request an Appointment
or Make an Inquiry
Please complete this form to request an appointment, or make an inquiry. We will contact you as soon as possible. Or call us today at 480-835-6100 and we will be happy to assist you.