What Causes Facial Redness?Spider veins are a common cause of facial redness. They are often the result of long-term sun damage or aging. Other possible causes include:
- Excessive or sometimes even moderate alcohol use
- Hormonal changes from pregnancy, menopause, or birth control pills
Why People Get Spider Veins in Their FaceSpider veins may appear in different parts of the body and are often found on the legs, as well as on the arms, chest, or back. The face, though, may be especially vulnerable to spider veins because of how often the face is exposed to the sun, which can damage the veins over the long term.
Tips on Prevention & Slowing the DamageExcessive heat can damage the blood vessels in the face. To prevent or slow down vein damage and facial redness, avoid too much heat. To do this:
- Protect the face from the sun by applying sunscreen, wearing a hat, and avoiding the mid-day sun in warmer climates.
- Avoid washing the face with hot water.
- Avoid saunas.
- A cold compress after being exposed to heat or the sun.
- Arnica oil. Some people are allergic, so test on a small patch of skin first.
- Apple cider vinegar, applied to the face with a cotton ball.
- Witch hazel, which is a natural astringent.
- Aloe vera. This may dry the skin, so use it with a moisturizer.
- Vitamin C supplements.
Common Treatments for Redness Due to Spider VeinsVein treatment technology has come a long way. Quick and minimally invasive treatments can significantly reduce facial redness and restore a fresh and healthy appearance. Common treatments for facial spider veins include: Laser therapy, which is a gentle treatment that seals the blood vessels. The procedure is quick with minimal discomfort. Sclerotherapy, which is used when the broken veins are larger. Salt water or chemicals are injected into veins, which then harden and disappear. It is a minimally invasive procedure that requires no downtime.
Get Treated at Tri-CIty Vein in PhoenixIf you have any concerns about facial redness caused by varicose veins, we invite you to meet our vein physicians in Phoenix, Arizona, to learn about how we can help. We provide many vein treatments options that can improve your appearance and restore your confidence. Contact us to schedule a consult to find out more....
Request an Appointment
or Make an Inquiry
Please complete this form to request an appointment, or make an inquiry. We will contact you as soon as possible. Or call us today at 480-835-6100 and we will be happy to assist you.